Athletic Director at HUHS HUHS
HUHS outdoor athletic complex renovation
Scribe: Ron Schlitt Editor: Fred Wittenberger Introduced by: Scott Helms
Jeff Walters and Scott Helms presented a program on the facility updates being done at HUHS. 5.5 million dollars have been spent so far updating the following facilities. There is no tax increase for district residents.
- Updated the 50 year old science labs
- Updated 2 original bathrooms
- Old offices renovated into the new weight room and fitness center
- Old cafeteria renovated into new district offices
- Renovated the culinary arts lab
- Drama Lecture Hall totally updated
- The old fitness center renovated into a modern wrestling space that can also be used by the physical education department
- The library is being renovated and adding 3 additional classrooms
In order to be competitive with other districts, approximately 12 million dollars is being proposed to upgrade the outdoor athletic facilities.
- Resurface the track and 8 tennis court complex
- Add lights to the existing tennis court complex
- Move the varsity football field behind the school with new lights, artificial turf and new home and visitor bleachers with new press boxes.
- Add drain tile to the soccer fields behind the school
- Convert Gib Mahr Field to a soccer only complex with artificial turf
- Add 8 tennis courts on the corner of Monroe and Cedar Street.
- Convert the Lincoln field softball complex into a dual purpose softball/baseball complex with artificial turf.
Please Log in to make an announcement