Since 1924, the Hartford Rotary club has been making an impact here in Hartford and around the world. We were founded by 18 local businessmen who dedicated time each week to practice and inspire “Service Above Self” within the Hartford community and around the world.
Our club has always put a big focus on creating change and opportunities for local youth. From sponsoring underserved families in the 20’s to hosting the Honors banquet today that celebrates academic high school achievers, the Hartford Rotarians have made it a point to celebrate and highlight the children of the community. Today we are still hosting international exchange students here in our hometown and sending local youth abroad. Being able to positively influence and inspire our youth allows us to continue to plant seeds for future generations.
Our local club’s work continues to develop as new members come in and new ideas take root. For many years the VISION project was our signature project. We partnered with Hartford Union High School teachers and students, as well as many local businesses, to build affordable and quality houses here in Hartford, while also giving the students valuable job skills training. We remain very proud of the impact the VISION project had on our community.
Together with our partners, neighbors, and friends, both here and abroad, we’re:
- Creating connections in Hartford for our teachers and youth
- Promoting peace, encouraging dialogue to foster understanding within and across cultures
- Fighting disease, educating and equipping communities to stop the spread of life-threatening or preventable diseases
- Providing clean water, building local solutions to bring clean water and sanitation services to more people every day in Guatemala and Haiti
- Saving mothers and children, expanding access to quality care, so mothers and children can live and grow stronger
- Supporting education, expanding access to education and empowering educators to inspire more children and adults to learn
- Growing local economies, creating opportunities for individuals and communities to thrive financially and socially
- Eradicating polio, uniting the world to end polio, once and for all